Higly “instagrammable”, with foliage reference is made to the natural event which, in autumnal months, transforms the landscape tinging leaves with thousands of different colours. The term comes directly from North America, more precisely from Canada, land of woods and greenery that becomes a destination for passionate travellers during this time of the year.
But Varese, known also as the “garden city”, has nothing to envy to overseas colours: our landscapes in these months give life to an unique picture, capable of fascinating young and old.
That’s why we thought to a selection of 5 places where you can immerse in the magic of autumn and spend the day surrounded by nature.
- Estensi Gardens: the first proposal is located just outside our hotel hall. Only 2 kilometers far, the Palace and the Estensi Gardens offer an sight which seems created from the brushstrokes of a Renaissance artist. The ancient trees are tinged with bright colours while the leaves embrace the wonderful gardens creating a warm carpet of thousands nuances.
- Campo dei Fiori Park: this piece of heaven is just over 10 kilometers from Palace Grand Hotel. Our advice is to immerse in the paths of this unspoiled area, for a day filled with magic and to fully admire every foliage’s shade, collecting chestnuts hidden in great quantity among leaves and then continuing your visit towards the Sacro Monte of Varese, one of the 4 UNESCO sites belonging to our territory.
- Plain of Vegonno: also known as “The philosophers valley”, this wide natural area is the perfect destination for those who are looking for relax. Once you get out of the car you will just need to open your eyes and ears and embracing nature with your senses, the only choice you will have to make will be following the road through the fields or the paths in the surroundings woods.
- Quassa Park: for those who prefer the lakeside landscape instead, the Park of Quassa Gulf, on Maggiore Lake, is the ideal destination. Located on the branch between Ispra and Ranco, is about twenty kilometers from Palace Grand Hotel. This park is the perfect destination for families, with playgrounds, big spaces for running and, with a bit of luck, the possibility to admiring local wildlife.
- Piero and Monteviasco: a little bit more distant from the other destinations, almost one hour by car, this two villages are on the border with Switzerland, in Val Veddasca. These two little towns are chests of atmospheres and unique views, healing for the eyes but mostly for the soul. Piero, a village of about 20 inhabitants, is famous for its mills, surrounded by nature, not so far from the town: ancient rural constructions made out of rock and wood dating back to the XVIII century. Far away from modernity and listed between the most beautiful villages of Italy, Monteviasco instead it goes back to the XIII century: ladders, dreamlike shrines and fairy-tale houses stand out here and there surrounded by the colours of nature.
Now you just have to choose your destinations and organize a weekend filled with the magic of Varese autumn.
P.S. Prepare your cameras!
Book now your stay